Monday, September 9, 2013

When we found out we were having twins, Michael and I decided that we would find out their genders. This was a new experience, having never know the gender of the previous three until they made their grand entrances. I was excited to plan a gender-specific nursery for the first time. However, when the boys surprised us and arrived early, we hadn't done the first thing to prepare for them.

We had been in the NICU for about a month when I saw a Giggle Magazine in the lobby. I was thumbing through it, and saw an ad for a "Kids Room Makeover" where Giggle and Campus USA were giving one family a total room makeover. The nursery I wanted them to have was the last thing I was worried about, but I knew with hospital bills mounting, they wouldn't get what I had dreamed. The deadline to enter was the very next day, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Three weeks or so later, we got a call that we were a finalist for the contest! After an interview, we were chosen as the winners! I am not gifted at putting together Pottery Barn type rooms, so having a professional designer in our home was awesome. Brandi Catalanotte from La Notte Design came to take a look at the room and chat with us about what we wanted. We totally let her have free reign. I simply told her we wanted something they could grow into, so no cartoonish stuff, and something serene.

The result was breathtakingly beautiful. LOOK AT THIS!






Every time I walk into that room, I am aware of the gift it was to win this contest. How God's provision is so satisfying. I sometimes think He is so big that He could care less about little things I care about. But just as I care about the smallest detail in the lives of my children, that is how He cares about me and you. He can provide in ways that you never dreamed, if you are smart enough to surrender the selfish thinking that you can do it alone. It was just a room, but to us, it was a burden lifted, and confirmation yet again that my God cares deeply for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment